Friday, October 9, 2009

Brandy Christian - guest artist

I am pleased to introduce you all to a guest artist for the market this year. Brandy is traveling to us from Northwest Georgia. While I feel as if I've known her forever, we've actually never met! I can say, though, that she is one of the kindest people I've ever encountered and has a serious talent with a sewing machine. I must have one of everything she makes! Please take the opporunity to visit Brandy at the market in November...you won't be disappointed!

in Brandy's words:

I started sewing sometime last year and fell in love. My grandmother (Nana) taught me the basics of pinning patterns, hemming, and seams. After being taught those skills, I have really been a self-taught seamstress. I have a true love for putting the most trendy fabrics together and making 'SewCute' items. The items I place in SewCute Shop are my favorites, and I am very happy to make them for you.

In March 2009, my best friend's little boy was suddenly diagnosed with adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) - a degenerative brain disease. The movie 'Lorenzo's Oil was made to bring awareness to this newly discovered disease. In early April, Joel, Teresa and Riley Greene (aka TEAMGREENE) were moved from Chattanooga, TN to Durham, NC where Riley would spend what they thought 100 days after receiving a bone marrow transplant. Due to complications, this week marks 133 TEAMGREENE has been in Duke Hospital. I made a pledge to donate all proceeds from SewCute Shop to TEAMGREENE until they returned home to Chattanooga. For me sewing has become much more than just a hobby - it has been a small part of what allows my best friend to stay by her son's side. For more information on TEAMGREENE, visit www.carepages.com/carepages/teamgreene. (create username/password)


When I'm not sewing away, I enjoy spending time with my fabulous husband, Ty, and two children Autumn (9) and Tyler (2).

http://sewcuteshop.typepad.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment